Wednesday, May 23, 2012

If You are a R Developer, Then You Must Try SAP HANA for Free.



This is a guest blog from 
Alvaro Tejada Galindo, my colleague and fellow R and SAP HANA enthusiast.  I am thankful to Alvaro for coming and posting on "AllThingsR".

Are you an R developers? Have ever heard of SAP HANA? Would you like to test SAP HANA for free?

SAP HANA is an In-Memory Database Technology allowing developers to analyze big data in real-time.

Processes that took hours now take seconds due to SAP HANA's power to keep everything on RAM memory.

As announced in SAP Sapphire Now event in Orlando, Florida, SAP HANA is free for developers. You just need to download and install both the SAP HANA Client and the SAP HANA Studio, and create an SAP HANA Server on the Amazon Web Services as described in the following document:
Get your own SAP HANA DB server on Amazon Web Services - http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28294

Why should this interest you? Easy...SAP HANA is an agent of change bringing speed to its limits and it can also be integrated with R as described in the following blog:

Want to know more about SAP HANA? Read everything you need here: http://developers.sap.com

You're convinced but don't want to pay for the Amazon Web Services? No problem. Just leave a comment including your name, company and email. We will reach you and send you an Amazon Gift Card so you can get started. Of course, your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Of course, we only a limited set of gift cards, so be quick or be out.

Author Alvaro Tejada Galindo, mostly known as "Blag" is a Development Expert working for the Technology Innovation and Developer Experience team in SAP Labs.  He can be contacted at a.tejada.galindo@sap.com.

Alvaro's background in his own words: I used to be an ABAP Consultant for 11 years. I worked in implementations on Peru and Canada. I’m also a die hard developer using R, Python, Ruby, PHP, Flex and many more languages. Now, I work for SAP Labs and my main roles are evangelize SAP technologies by writing blogs, articles, helping people on the forums, attending SAP events, besides many other “Developer engagement” activities.
I maintain a blog called “Blag’s bag of rants” at blagrants.blogspot.com

37 comments:

  1. Is this where we add our name and such. David Onder, Western Carolina University, dmonder A@t WCU d o t edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David:

    Yes, this is the place. I will add you to the list.

    Greetings,

    Blag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to try this out. Send me an amazon gift card!
    Zach Mayer
    Self
    zach.mayer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zach:

    I have added you to the list. Vouchers should be sent out soon -:)

    Greetings,

    Blag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alvaro,

    Ajay Ohri< Decisionstats.com < ohri2007@gmail.com

    I am a R developer and author ( see barnesandnoble.com/w/r-for-business-analytics-ajay-ohri/1110378062)

    I also do a tech blog at Decisionstats.com

    Please let me know how I can work with SAP HANA , R and AWS

    Regards

    Ajay Ohri
    http://linkedin.com/in/ajayohri

    Websites-
    Technology
    http://decisionstats.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alvaro, I would also like to try it out. Khameel Mustapha, meetkamil@gmail.com, Research analyst, NTU, Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ajay, Khameel:

    You're both on the list -:)

    Greetings,

    Blag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. would love to try it!

    Mandy Vogel
    University of Leipzig
    mandy.vogel@medizin.uni-leipzig.de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mandy:

    I have added you to the list. We're still finishing some things, so the invitations would last too long to be send.

    Greetings,

    Blag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Please add me to the voucher list

    akashkumar1987@gmail.com

    Thanks
    Akash

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Blag,
    Could you please add me to the list too?
    Geogy G.
    DataWatts Inc.
    geogy.sap gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Alvaro.

    Could you please add me to the voucher list??

    Yong Cha

    Statistics Dept. Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.

    yong.stat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.
    SAP HANA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Alvaro,

    Nice blog thanks for sharing with the community.
    I got the 30days access some time back, but i still need more time to practice, study and learn.
    Could you provide me an amazon gift card?

    Thanks!
    pls mail me to gerfan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. 30 days access wast enough for me too. I enjoyed working on it but I guess we need more practice to gain confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Blag,

    I have applied for the voucher. Any ETA on when would we get the invitation ?

    Thanks
    Muntazr

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post has a lot of importance to the people…I hope you can continue to inspire and post more of this…Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi guys
    Has anyone got the gift card yet?

    ReplyDelete
  19. name:YUAN DING . email : dingyuan741@126.com . company :yiyun consultant firm
    I'am a R developer
    can you send me a gift thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi

    Still waiting for the voucher. has anybody received it ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just to let everybody know...I send the AWS Vouchers on August 22nd...thanks everyone!

    Greetings,

    Blag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Alvaro,

    Excellent blog for SAP BW/BIcommunity...
    I got the 30days access for HANA and bi.ondemand.com, but i still need more time to practice, study and learn.
    Could you provide me an amazon gift card?

    Cheers
    Dev

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blag,

    Is the voucher still available?

    Chew Kai Feng
    Leading Researcher
    KloudStat
    hi@kloudstat.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Alvaro.
    Feeling good know about you and your blog.
    I am very much interested about SAP HANA.
    Could you please add me to the voucher list?? and provide me an amazon gift card.
    Here is my details
    Name : Chiranjeevi.B
    working in CSC India
    email : chiru.nec@gmail.com

    Thanks in Advance.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Alvaro,

    I would like to try hands on HANA, please could add me & share the amazing voucher at this chrimas as gift card!

    could you add me to the voucher list
    zameeruddin.mohammed@gmail.com

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Alvaro,

    I am R developer interested testing R in HANA.

    could you please send the amazon gift card for trial.

    Thank you in advance


    PSS
    funlieber@gmail.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is nice blog and thanks share with us.we providing SAP HANA online training

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Alvaro,
    I want to try an application for forecasting which will be used by FMCG industries. I will be pleased if you send me the amazon gift card.
    Kind ragards,
    Taner Yuksel
    taner_yuksel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. My company is INFONOMI
    Taner Yuksel
    taner_yuksel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. It was nice article it was very useful for me as well as useful foronline Sap Hana training learners. thanks for providing this valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for this kind information and it is useful for SAP HANA Learners.123trainings provides best SAP HANA online training

    ReplyDelete
  32. It was nice article it was very useful for me as well as useful forSap Hana learners. thanks for providing this valuable information.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi,

    Please find the below details and provide the detail of gift card.

    Name: Rakesh.
    Company: Balsharaf Group.
    Role: SAP Technical Consultant.
    Email: rakeshbabu51@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Appreciation for nice Update, I found something new and folks can get useful information about sap hana Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi sir,I have seen your posts.It is very thoughtful information for freshers and starters.I am a sap hana professional I give sap hana online training .There is plenty more that is covered by a SAP training module. You could even choose areas of specialization depending on your requirement.. Please make updates regularly.
    Thanks and regards,

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is fantastic thanks for sharing, keep it up see sap jobs ang get latest jobs and tech news and info.

    ReplyDelete